Customer Service-Administrative Support Representative
Customer Service-Administrative Support Representative
|Reference Number: Casual|
|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: November 18th 2020
Salary: $15.08 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa.
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Service-Administrative Support Representative. This is a casual, on-call position during the normal working hours of Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm. There are several positions available.
Under the direction of the Employment Services Coordinator, the Customer Service-Administrative Support Representative is responsible for the welcoming of residents in the areas between Petawawa and Deux Rivières. This position responds to client requests, directs them to the applicable resource and/or program area and provides a wide range of reception and administrative at the employment services offices in both Petawawa and Deep River.
Due to COVID-19 health and safety measures, this position will be required to balance working from home and at the office as required.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service by welcoming community members and direct them accordingly upon their arrival to the employment services office(s).
- Maintain excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with clients, volunteers and staff members.
- Answer incoming calls, transferring to appropriate personnel, taking messages and ensuring timeliness when relaying correspondence and messages.
- Taking appropriate action to inquiries when program staff are unavailable and booking client appointments with the employment coaches.
- Ensure familiarity with appropriate procedures to respond to urgent or crisis situations.
- Refer individuals to appropriate PMFRC, civilian or military services and programs as required.
- Provide a consistently high level of service.
- Maintain a general knowledge base of PMFRC programs and the Employment Ontario programs and services.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Office administration or customer service training or courses
- Understanding of the labour market in Renfrew County
- English is mandatory; French is a stong asset
- Experience with diverse clientele (children, adolescents and adults) is an asset
- Interpersonal skills and attentiveness to customer service
Core Competencies and Behaviours
- Believes in and practices the mission and goals of the PMFRC with a thorough understanding of Canadian Armed Forces communities
- A high degree of personal initiative and ability to work flexible hours
- Demonstrated ability to be well organized while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sensitivity and tact in dealing with people and able to effectively collaborate with community partners
- Maintain a high degree of personal initiative with good planning and organizational skills
- Display a high level of initiative with minimal supervision
- Maintain a constant awareness of the client and exhibit recognition and appreciation of their needs and achieve results with positive outcomes
- Ease of working with IT tools (Office Suite, internet, MS Teams, WebEx, and Zoom etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative team environment
Closing: November 30, 2020
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain professional linkages with like-minded community organizations through relevant committee work and partnerships.
- Create and maintain an official confidential record and file, which contains ongoing contact information related to individual and community activities and services.
- Participate in and assist with all special events when required.
- Occasional extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend as required.
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
- Travel within the County of Renfrew.
The selection process and interviews will be done virtually.
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format; clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Human Resources Generalist|
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|