|Family and Childrens Services of Renfrew County|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: January 13th 2021
Family & Children's Services of Renfrew County helps families and communities in Renfrew County protect and support the development and well being of children, youth and adults through integrated services, prevention and social inclusion. We provide services of child welfare, developmental services, Ontario Early Years, KUMON math and reading and family visitation and exchange services.
We are currently looking for a Bilingual Administrative Assistant. This is a full-time, six month contract position.
This unionized position will provide administrative support to assigned workers. As part of the greater child welfare team, this position plays a vital role in the behind the scenes workings of the agency.
Duties performed on a regular basis:
- Administrative support, including file maintenance for assigned workers
- Administrative duties for staff, including processing agency correspondence
- Produce audit reports for assigned departments; gather and analyze data and report outcomes
- Provide technical support and help desk functions for clinical staff
- Provide overload and back-up coverage for other administrative assistants as needed
- Provide reception coverage as needed. Reception duties include processing incoming calls, receiving clients, processing mail, fax and other deliveries, updating the night duty kit, and maintaining orderliness in waiting area and interview rooms
- Responsible for all aspects of permanency planning including minute taking and agenda preparation
- Attend, as required, agency committee meetings and external committee meetings
- Attend, as required, team meetings and all-staff meetings
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Complete Job Description
- Successful completion of an administration, business or computer science program
- French-language skills
- Ability to deliver consistent, professional reception services to clients, community members and staff
- Above average administrative skills and excellent public relations skills
- Advanced computer knowledge and technical efficiency with the ability to learn new applications and then assist staff in a help desk capacity
- Above average accuracy, respect for data integrity and a responsibility for quality assurance
- Well-developed organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Respect for confidentiality and professionalism within a child welfare organization with an ability to be objective regarding case material
- Ability to work in a team environment in completing priorities with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of agency policies, procedures and equipment is considered an asset
- A reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s licence
- Ability to identify systemic barriers to equity and anti-oppressive practices and apply this lens to your work with FCSRC
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of the culture, history and current oppressions experienced by marginalized groups
- Ability to understand and apply anti-colonial, anti-racist, anti-ableist, anti-cisgenderist, anti-ageist, anti-classist, anti-heterosexist lenses to social problems
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and implement evidence-based research into practice
- Understanding of the CYFSA, signs of safety, anti-oppressive practice and strength-based approach
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email and reference “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line, or submit it by mail.
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County is committed to providing a barrier free workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Closes: January 22, 2021.
|Human Resources Coordinator|
Family and Childrens Services of Renfrew County
77 Mary Street, Suite 100,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|