Napa Pembroke is a large wholesaler and retailer of automotive, agriculture and heavy-duty parts, hydraulics, industrial and automotive paint and body supplies. We are committed to providing the highest quality service in our industry!
Napa Auto Parts Pembroke requires an experienced, knowledgeable, motivated, career-minded individual to join our team as a Parts Counter Associate. This position is full-time with rotational weekends.
The Parts Counter Associate works in a very fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers in person, over the telephone, electronically, by email and by fax with the use of a Windows computerized parts look-up system. This position involves problem-solving, interaction with outside vendors using various ordering processed and systems, handle pressure, and to deliver outstanding customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers phone calls, provide price quotes and other information.
- Sell parts to all available customers, over the counter, over the phone or electronically.
- Assist walk-in customers in selecting required parts, suggest companion requirements and ensure the customer is aware of full product options.
- Participate in training sessions offered by the company and management.
- Obtains the information needed to place special orders and ensure the correct parts are sent.
- Research the availability of certain parts, either within the distribution centre or from other sources as necessary, and must be able to search part numbers using the computer or standard catalogues.
- Must have the ability to use inventory information on a computer screen and can locate parts by checking part numbers and location them in bins.
- Communicate clearly in person, on the phone and also be willing to initiate calls to customers to give and receive information.
- Be alert to sales opportunities by taking the time to ask customer questions and provide information about parts and services.
- Process returned new products back into stock.
- Contacting suppliers for information regarding availability, warranties and more.
- Processing payment transactions and handling cash on a daily basis.