|Magellan Aerospace, Haley|
Location: Haley, Ontario
Posted: November 23rd 2021
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name Magellan Aerospace Corporation in 1996, deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
We have an immediate opening for an Environmental Supervisor. This is a full-time position.
- Maintaining compliance with relevant environmental legislation
- Supervision of onsite industrial wastewater treatment operations and onsite solid waste landfill operations
- Supervision of a Class 2 licensed sanitary sewage treatment plant
- Supervision of a reverse osmosis water treatment plant
- Responsible for preparing regulatory reports
- Maintain inventory and order consumables used in water and wastewater treatment, solid waste management and HAZMAT
- Work with the manager to maintain ISO 14001:2015 EMS certification
- Candidates must have a technician or technologist diploma in environmental engineering or environmental science.
- Preference will be given to applicants having previous experience in the area of wastewater treatment, environmental management systems or having environmental experience in an industrial setting.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal environmental laws and regulations (Ontario), MISA, waste management, ISO 14001:2015 EMS, Emergency Response HAZMAT.
- Ability to supervise employees, manage inventory, enter data and complete reports.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate, motivate, and develop teamwork.
- Proficient in the use of software including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other spreadsheet systems.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package including major medical, dental, short and long term disability (fully company paid)
- Generous company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including company BBQs, service awards, children and adult winter holiday parties, and annual golf tournament
- Employee assistance program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: people create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley
634 Magnesium Road,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|