Founded by Ted Rowan in 1924, Rowan's Pharmasave (formerly Rowan Drugs), has been a mainstay of Pembroke's Downtown for over 90 years. Focused on a family atmosphere, short wait times, and friendly service, the staff of Rowan's continue the old style pharmacy traditions today.
We are currently recruiting for a Pharmacist. This position is three days per week to start with the possibility of more.
To practice as a Pharmacist, including providing consultation to both patients and health care providers, practice to full scope in providing professional services, dispensing medication, injecting vaccines and assisting in the maintenance of the dispensary.
Duties and Responsibilities
Pharmacy and Customer Service
- Acknowledge all customers approaching the pharmacy, offer assistance promptly and in a courteous and professional manner
- Practice within federal and provincial regulatory and legal requirements, provincial code of ethics, demonstrating professional integrity and acting to uphold a high level of professional standard of practice
- Ensure all privacy requirements are met, including customer confidentiality and consent management
- Provide counselling on prescriptions, over the counter or behind the counter products and all health-related issues, including but not limited to indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interactions and dosage
- Practice to the full extent of expanded scope with professional services, within your capability
- Be clearly identifiable to the public
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions dispensed
- Communicate with other health care professionals within the circle of care to provide optimal customer care
- Maintain all records required in accordance with legislation, standards of practice, and policy, i.e. customer records, narcotic and controlled drug records
- Promote health and wellness and educate customers and as appropriate, engage with customers both in and outside the store through community events, clinics etc.
- Provide timely and positive resolutions to customer needs and requests from other healthcare providers
Workflow and Inventory Management
- Control access to the dispensary with respect to inventory and patient confidentiality
- Review of stock to identify expired inventory
- Oversight of current stock levels and medication orders from the wholesaler
- Ensure all requirements for documentation and control of substances under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and regulations are met and reporting to Health Canada and regulatory bodies as necessary are completed
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of all inventory including those that require special handling and training, these could include but are not limited to vaccines, serums, biological and other drugs and pharmaceuticals
- Ensure inventory is placed in appropriate areas
- communicate all outstanding issues to corresponding team members
- File incident reports when any customer or staff medication or privacy incidents
Education & Professional Licensing
- Valid licence to practice in Ontario
- Injection certified
- Complete English proficiency
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Independent thinking and decision making; make decisions when dealing with issues or problems
- Plan, coordinate and delegate assignments and provide coaching to pharmacy colleagues
- Proven ability to drive and build the business, lead by example and support enterprise programs
- Prioritize activities quickly in response to changing initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Strong problem-solving skills including experience formulating and executing action plans
- Strong personal computing skills and knowledge of pharmacy systems a definite asset
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed to provide a healthy and safe work environment for all colleagues
- Complete mandatory training and voluntary continuing education workshops, as needed
We offer a competitive salary, coverage of licensing, association memberships and CEs as deemed appropriate.
Please send your resume by email in MS Word or PDF format. Thank you for your interest in Rowan's Pharmasave. Those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.