|Renfrew Victoria Hospital|
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: May 20th 2020
Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a values-driven organization dedicated to excellence in health care and is nationally and internationally recognized for the commitment to quality and client-centred care.
We are a fully accredited facility, offering surgical, medical, obstetric and complex continuing care. Special inpatient services include an emergency department, diagnostic imaging, hemo and peritoneal dialysis, oncology, sleep laboratory, special care unit, palliative care, pastoral care and more. The hospital has an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
At RVH, we strive for excellence in both in the delivery of safe and high-quality patient care services and the establishment of a healthy work environment.
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital is a progressive leader in the delivery of rural healthcare. We are currently recruiting a Registered Nurse for the Regional Assault Care Program. This is a permanent, part-time position.
As part of a mobile on-call nursing team, the Registered Nurse provides acute, follow up and outpatient health and forensic care to women, men and children who are victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, elder abuse and child maltreatment. Care is provided in the emergency departments and outpatient settings of all five hospitals in Renfrew County. The Registered Nurse also provides home assessments with older adults. This position involves being a liaison with community partners and the development and delivery of public education on abuse prevention and Regional Assault Care Program services.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience and understanding of issues related to sexual assault, domestic violence, elder abuse, child maltreatment and crisis intervention
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Experience teaching and developing public education materials
- Computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working cooperatively within a team environment
- The candidate must be self-directed, have the ability to respond to a call for service and attend in the emergency department of Renfrew Victoria Hospital and Pembroke Regional Hospital within 60 minutes
- Able to take calls for the program on weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Valid driver’s licence and the ability to travel throughout Renfrew County
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner training with the Ontario Network of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centre
- SANE(A) certification with the International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Pediatric sexual abuse training
- Geriatric assessment training
- Risk assessment training (ODARA, danger assessment, EARA)
- Minimum of three to five years of nursing experience in forensic nursing, mental health, community, public health or acute care
As this program is designated under the French Language Services Act, bilingual candidates who meet the requirements of this position will be given preference.
Orientation and on-going education will be provided to successful applicants.
Closing: June 5, 2020.
A vulnerable sector check completed within the past six months is a requirement for employment at RVH.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact human resources at 613-432-4851, extension 275.
Renfrew Victoria Hospital
499 Raglan Street North,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|