Safe Shelter Coordinator
Safe Shelter Coordinator
|Family and Childrens Services of Renfrew County|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: May 13th 2019
Family & Children's Services of Renfrew County helps families and communities in Renfrew County protect and support the development and well being of children, youth and adults through integrated services, prevention and social inclusion. We provide services of child welfare, developmental services, Ontario Early Years, KUMON math and reading and family visitation and exchange services.
We are currently recruiting for a Safe Shelter Coordinator. This is a part-time position at 10 hours per week.
The Safe Shelter Coordinator will provide support services to youth in order to achieve safe and healthy independent living arrangements. This role will work a flexible work schedule of no more than 10 hours per week. The work schedule will be designed to meet the needs of the services and the client population.
Duties Of This Position:
- To use Stages of Change model to outreach and engage high risk, marginalized youth in Renfrew County in activities that promote assets, competencies and resiliency, including youth with disabilities, newcomer youth, aboriginal youth, and youth from diverse communities (racial, cultural, sexual orientation, etc.)
- To provide brokerage, advocacy and resourcing and act as an advocate for youth and families, and provide general information and referral services to the youth for recreation, housing, employment, education, health and other services
- To work collaboratively with youth, parents, youth service providers, schools, city staff and police to develop effective service delivery plans that ensure that youth have access to programs, services and opportunities needed for healthy development by:
- Engaging youth and families to identify issues, needs, goals aspirations, skills, abilities and services needed as well as barriers to accessing these services
- Providing youth and families with information, contacts and referrals needed to facilitate access to programs, services and opportunities
- To organize and participate in public education seminars, workshops, groups and training for youth, parents and service providers
- To liaise with, and consult to the community, Boards of Education, schools and other service providers as required regarding the particular needs of marginalized youth and families.
- To maintain service statistics and recording
- BA in social sciences, child and youth worker diploma or social service worker diploma with 2 years of directly related experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively and negotiate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team of service providers;
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the life experiences and needs of the youth community, combined with previous youth outreach and/or community development experience;
- Demonstrated skills in delivering group programs and workshops;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Understanding of the CYFSA, Signs of Safety, anti-oppressive practice and strength-based approach;
- A combination of clinical, program development and strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Eligible for certification or membership in a relevant professional association;
- Candidates bilingual in both official languages are preferred;
- A recently completed police vulnerable sector check;
- Knowledgeable about computer-based technologies relevant to report writing, the collection and maintenance of client information, data and other common office tasks;
- Routine travel is necessary and therefore a valid licence, insurance and access to a reliable vehicle are required.
Closing: May 27, 2019.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email and reference “Safe Shelter Coordinator” in the subject line, or submit it by mail.
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age or disability.
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County is committed to providing a barrier-free workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
|Supervisor of Human Resources|
Family and Childrens Services of Renfrew County
77 Mary Street, Suite 100,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|