HR Generalist-Administrative Assistant
HR Generalist-Administrative Assistant
|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: April 12th 2019
Salary: $20.24 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre is currently for an HR Generalist-Administrative Assistant. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Under the direction of the Business Manager, the HR Generalist-Administrative Assistant supports all human resources administration and provides administrative support to the Business Manager and the Executive Director. Responsibilities include administering human resources records in accordance with employment legislation and PMFRC policies. This also includes providing timely and accurate information in response to employee inquiries from employees and supervisors. This position will also be responsible to provide front-line services to clients during lunch hours and/or as required.
- Provide support on all HR administration and to provide administrative support to the Business Manager and Executive Director;
- Co-ordinate and maintain the recruiting and on-boarding process set out by the PMFRC;
- Demonstrate the ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a team environment;
- Assists in the preparation of updates and recommend or revise human resources policies and procedures;
- Co-ordinate and process benefit program;
- Support Supervisors in human resources management challenges;
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality;
- Participate in and assist with all special events when required.
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in human resources; or completion of a diploma in a related discipline combined with 3 years previous experience;
- 3-5 years’ experience at a senior administrative level;
- Knowledge of Ontario labour standards and human resources management;
- Advanced knowledge and skills with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc);
- Demonstrated organizational skills to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams and prioritize workload, responding to constantly changing needs or schedules;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Language requirement: English mandatory; French is an asset.
Under the guidance of the Business Manager, the HR Generalist-Administrative Assistant will possess the following:
- Maintain a solid understanding of all policies and procedures, assist supervisors and employees with benefits, orientation and employee status change as well as support with the interpretation of HR policies, benefit programs and procedures;
- Provide general HR support for workflow related to employee management;
- Coordinate the new hire process with applicable supervisors, preparing the offer package, processing paperwork and conducting orientation as required;
- Maintain the HRIS database;
- High degree of personal initiative with good planning and organizational skills; multi-tasking is essential;
- Complete, edit, proofread and finalize correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents as requested;
- Strong relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and build rapport with a wide range of professionals;
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality and exercising proper discretion around sensitive matters with privileged information;
- Proven ability to show initiative, prioritize independent and department work, meet tight deadlines and make daily decisions;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within both an inter-disciplinary team and in a self-directed environment; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills under all types of conditions, exhibiting a supportive positive approach, and sensitivity and tact in dealing with people under stressful situations.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to have the following:
- Ability to travel both locally and within the province to attend events and conference.
- Occasional extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend as required.
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format; clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
Closing date: April 29, 2019 at noon.
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|