Nuclear Operator Trainee
Nuclear Operator Trainee
|Reference Number: 18168-18171|
|Canadian Nuclear Laboratories|
Location: Chalk River, Ontario
Posted: December 15th 2017
Salary: $48,560 per year
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL), is Canada’s premier nuclear science and technology organization. CNL is a world leader in developing peaceful and innovative applications from nuclear technology through its expertise in physics, metallurgy, chemistry, biology and engineering.
We are currently recruiting for a Nuclear Operator Trainee. This is a 24 month term position.
Position works under the direction of a Nuclear Operator 1, Nuclear Operator 2, or supervisor, to be trained and to acquire the knowledge of operating procedures, equipment and processes, operational skills and experience necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position. The scope of the role includes, but is not limited:
Operation of TRMR Retrieval and transfer equipment and TRMR material handling equipment.
It is anticipated this role will progress no higher than an NOT4 due to the length of the term.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take and accurately record readings from a variety of instruments, and keep supervisor informed
- Operate remote control equipment, pumps, fans, compressors, and a wide variety of processing equipment, hoists, lift trucks, and overhead cranes (up to 75 ton capacity) and to rig slings and lifting tackle
- Make valve changes in component piping systems; as directed
- Operate transfer flasks and remote handling equipment
- Troubleshoot operating faults quickly and accurately; implement appropriate corrective action
- Use computers as required
- Observe all applicable Policies and Procedures, including health and safety regulations (includes submission of regular bioassay samples) and good housekeeping practices
- Carry out other operational duties as required
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with credits in Mathematics (MCB4U), Chemistry (SCH3U), Physics (SPH3U) and English (ENF4U); or,
- A minimum of Grade 12 advanced level plus four Ontario Academic Credits (OAC) in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and English; or the equivalent in education to one of the above requirements
- Must have sufficient ability to understand and competently carry out the duties specified under Nuclear Operator 2
- Must be able to learn and display initiative for self study
- Must have good judgement, skill and dexterity in the handling of tools and equipment
- Must be reliable, observant and safety conscious
- Must be mentally alert and capable of carrying out written and verbal instructions accurately
- Must have understanding of normal trade practices, able to read blueprints and micrometers
- Must be capable of working with patience and care
- Must be capable of understanding and mastering production, operating procedures and equipment in the course of normal training
- Must demonstrate a good working attitude, function harmoniously as a team member in a customer oriented environment
CNL has an employment equity program and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Please visit our website here to apply. Deadline: January 19, 2018.
Canadian Nuclear Laboratories
Chalk River, Ontario
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|