|Renfrew County District School Board|
Location: Killaloe, Ontario
Posted: May 14th 2019
Salary: $18.44 to $19.30 per hour
The Renfrew County District School Board is currently recruiting for a Custodian at Killaloe Public School. This is a temporary position until October 31, 2019 or upon return of the incumbent. This position is 3 hours per day, 15 hours per week from 3:30pm to 6:30pm.
Under the supervision of the chief custodian and/or area supervisor performs a variety of custodial duties such as routine cleaning, routine building and equipment maintenance, opening and closing the building, checking building systems, responding to emergency calls; performing grounds maintenance and other duties as assigned at the school.
- Clean rooms, washrooms and fixtures;
- Mop, wash, scrub and finish floors;
- Pick up and dispose of garbage and recycling;
- Vacuum and/or shampoo carpets;
- Wipe and wash windows, blackboards, ledges, railings and furniture
- Do a thorough cleaning such as stripping, resealing and refinishing floors
- Operating custodial cleaning equipment and identifying simple problems with this equipment
- Perform heavy tasks including assisting in the unloading of heavy supplies or materials
- Perform routine maintenance activities including repairing lockers, doors and furniture
- Replacing fuses and light bulbs, resetting circuit breakers and unclogging drains
- Using manual or mechanized equipment to remove snow, cut grass and perform other grounds maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent of Grade 12
- At least one year of experience in the custodial field
- Proven to be dependable
- A willingness to take responsibility
- Perform work in accordance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and all Board policies and procedures related to occupational health and safety to protect all occupants of the building
- Complete tasks within deadlines and adjust priorities as needed
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Establish and maintain excellent working relations with supervisory staff, fellow workers, students, contractors and user groups
- Communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions in the conduct of the job
- Working knowledge of email and computer software programs like Excel or Word would be an asset
- Knowledge of WHMIS
Applications quoting File Number 1247-1692, in electronic format, will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. noon on May 22, 2019.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest. All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a current vulnerable sector screening criminal background check acceptable to the Board.
Please advise Human Resources Department HRDept@rcdsb.on.ca prior to the closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
Renfrew County District School Board
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|