Grounds Maintenance Person
Grounds Maintenance Person
|Township of McNab Braeside|
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posted: October 3rd 2019
Almost 100 square miles, the Township of McNab Braeside is situated between the towns of Arnprior and Renfrew. The township is within easy commuting distance of Ottawa. Bordering the Ottawa River and White Lake, with the magnificent Madawaska River flowing through it, the municipality is a natural paradise. There are approximately 7,500 residents year-round and we welcome thousands more during the summer months.
The Township of McNab Braeside seeks applications for a Grounds Maintenance Person. This is a part-time position at 15 hours per week.
Reporting to the CAO-Clerk on a regular basis with direction from the recreation and public works departments, the Grounds Maintenance Person provides consistent maintenance and upkeep of municipal grounds and buildings.
- Provide for day to day maintenance of municipal grounds
- Attend to recreation facilities before and after events to unlock and lock doors and inspect property
- Cut the grass and other yard maintenance
- Shovel snow from walkways and all exits
- Carry out minor maintenance to the building and property
- May perform minor maintenance if in possession of the necessary knowledge, skills and tools
- Set up tables and chairs for events
- Protect own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety
Complete Job Description
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with special interest groups and the public
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle a heavy workload and to meet rigid deadlines
- High level of initiative and independent judgement and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Physically able to handle heavy lifting
- Be available for evening and weekend work
- Basic knowledge of safe use of cleaning products and practices
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
The township offers a competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit a detailed cover letter and resume marked confidential and quoting “Grounds Maintenance” no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 23, 2019.
We thank all candidates in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be retained under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and shall only be used for candidate selection purposes and determining eligibility for employment.
|Lindsey A. Lee, CAO-Clerk|
Township of McNab Braeside
2508 Russett Drive, RR#2,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|