Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: December 27th 2017
A construction and automotive business based in Renfrew, Ontario is currently recruiting for a General Manager to join our organization. This is a full-time position.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics and others and provide guidance when needed.
- Undertake project management activities and manage operations team.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the development of the company.
- Take active part in business development and selling efforts, and build new customer relationships.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Attract and develop the company's talent pool.
- Promote a friendly climate, good morale and cooperation.
- Protect and promote company reputation.
- Ensure business processes, tools, and internal controls to support operations.
- Provide training programs for all safety policies.
- Develop strong relationships and communication links with key stakeholders such as employee representatives, local community leaders, sector opinion leaders.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring business compliance with environmental and health and safety procedures and health and safety standards.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Three years of experience in a General Manager role
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strategic management skills (planning and business development) are required
- Strong team-building and managerial skills
- Business-oriented mindset
- Strong judgment and strategic thinking
- Mental agility with ability to focus on key issues quickly and incisively
- Ability in project management and in developing project plans, coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, complete projects in time and budget, manage project team activities
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
The employer has asked to remain anonymous in this posting. Please send resumes in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "General Manager" in the subject line.
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|