|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: October 7th 2019
Salary: $26.52 per hour
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve and advocate for our military community, its members and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us atwww.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are currently recruiting for a Social Worker (Clinician). This is a permanent, full-time and term position.
The Social Worker (Clinician) positions are an integral part of the Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre mental health team and report directly to the Clinical Manager. The primary responsibility of the position is to provide standardized consistent care, service and support to CAF families coping with a broad range of mental health issues, illness, injury, loss or other special needs. The position includes collaborating with a multi-disciplinary PMFRC team, networking with community resources and contributing trends and information towards the development of prevention and intervention programs and resources to respond to the needs of military families at Garrison Petawawa
- Responsible for the implementation and service delivery of support services and programs and crisis intervention to CAF families who are coping with mental health, emotional and couple and family issues including illness, injury, special needs.
- Provide or support the development of educational and awareness sessions, briefings, and resources regarding transition, change management, compassion fatigue to varied audiences including; individuals, family members, community groups and various base and civilian partners in CAF communities throughout the Petawawa area.
- The Social Worker (Clinician) works primarily with all family members of CAF regular force members.
- At minimum a Bachelor of Social Work with extensive direct counselling and clinical therapy experience working with individuals and families coping with trauma.
- Registered member in good standing with the OCSWSSW or appropriate college.
- Thorough understanding of Canadian Armed Forces communities, systems and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports.
- Experience working within a complex organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Language requirement: English mandatory; French an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals, families, couples, and small groups with a minimum of 2 years of experience in counselling, clinical therapy, crisis management, family education and support, trauma, grief and loss and completing trauma assessments.
- Experience and knowledge with crisis intervention and family violence, with the ability to establish priorities and evaluate risk to self and others.
- Understanding of, and the ability to use a strength-based philosophy and approach.
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information and referral processes an asset.
- Experience in a wide range of theoretical and practical knowledge encompassing program design, development and implementation, facilitation, coordination, evaluation, group dynamics, crisis intervention, family violence, abuse and attachment theory and separation issues.
- Understanding of PMFRC programs and services for both Garrison and other community partners.
- Knowledge of civilian and provincial agencies and organizations that can provide support to the military families.
- Excellent interpersonal skills under all types of conditions, exhibiting a supportive positive approach, and sensitivity and tact in dealing with people under stressful situations.
- Exhibit characteristics of warmth, empathy, humour, and a non-judgmental philosophy of care and strong understanding and application of ethical principles.
- Public speaking and presentation development.
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
- Participate in and assist with all special events when required.
- Occasional extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend as required. Flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the families we serve.
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Documents associated with registration to an applicable Ontario association.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance. Travel within the County of Renfrew will be required.
- Exhibit characteristics of warmth, empathy, humour, and a non-judgmental philosophy of client-centred care and strong understanding and application of ethical principles.
- Thorough understanding of Canadian Forces communities, systems and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports
Benefits: 2% RRSP matching after the first year of employment, vacation, sick leave, health and dental benefits (full-time contract only); 6% vacation added to each pay (term position).
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format; clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
Closing date: 21 October 2019 at noon
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To review the complete job description visit www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|