Located in the Ottawa Valley, Renfrew County ATV (RCATV) trails cut through muddy wetlands, shaded forests, majestic look-outs and shimmering lakes with the best that Renfrew County and South Algonquin has to offer. Explore over 1,000kms of networked trail systems and trail routes, built on a foundation of over 300kms of connecting abandoned rail lines. Our trails are accessible for all experience levels and 90 per cent are SXS-friendly.
We are recruitng for a summer student to join our organization as a Trail Development & GIS Coordinator. This position is May to September and is 25-35 hours per week.
The student in the position of Trail Development & GIS Coordinator will be supporting the RCATV executive with implementing its trail trail development strategy. As a growing and progressive club with over 1,000kms of trails, the volunteer board of directors need consistent support to help RCATV manage its trail development, support with maintaining its mapping and liaise with Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (OMNRF) to have its trails developed.
The Trail Development & GIS Coordinator will be able to take their GIS knowledge and see the full scope of GIS work from collecting data, applying it to a real-world scenario, work with stakeholders and help with data management as it pertains to trail data. This position will partner with the OMNRF, with municipalities, with riders and with the board of directors and report to the executive (president and vice president).
Projects would include:
- Supporting the trail development coordinator and directors to review trail development plans and support with GPS and mapping information and requirements
- Review and update the RCATV GIS mapping procedures
- Work with OMNRF to have crown land trails inventoried and officially recognized
- Develop a strategy for trail management and update the trail inventory
- Track and schedule trail development projects
- Support with obtaining locates for trail management
- Make recommendations to the Executive for trail management strategies
- Keep the RCATV and Quadon.ca web-based trail maps current
- Submit RCATV approved trails to the County of Renfrew GIS team
- Support RCATV with a map base for future digital maps