Located in the Ottawa Valley, Renfrew County ATV (RCATV) trails cut through muddy wetlands, shaded forests, majestic look-outs and shimmering lakes with the best that Renfrew County and South Algonquin has to offer. Explore over 1,000kms of networked trail systems and trail routes, built on a foundation of over 300kms of connecting abandoned rail lines. Our trails are accessible for all experience levels and 90 per cent are SXS-friendly.
We are recruitng for a summer student to join our organization as a Business Operations & Tourism Coordinator. This position will run from May to September and is 25-35 hours per week.
The Business Operations & Tourism Coordinator student will be supporting the RCATV executive with business operations, club administration and supporting trail tourism for Renfrew County. As a growing and progressive club with over 1,000kms of trails, the volunteer board of directors need consistent support to help RCATV leverage technology and opportunities for growth. This position will partner with the community, with riders and with the board of directors and report to the executive (president and vice president).
Projects would include:
- Outreach and follow-up with corporate members and tourism operators for advertising and promotional opportunities
- Working with the marketing coordinator to maintain and enhance social media, website and other marketing tools
- Writing and submitting articles to local community papers, interviewing riders to create blogs and increase trail presence
- Drafting and updating RCATV documentation
- Drafting, supporting and reporting on grant applications
- Supporting the board of directors business requirements and administration
- Responding to trail tourism and rider enquiries
- Reviewing governance documents
- Establishing partnerships and trail packages with local tourism operators
- Support coordination of RCATV events
- Support RCATV membership and permit management
- Support volunteer coordination
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Computer skills include MS Office products
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess creativity and initiative
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects
- Enthusiasm and professionalism
Working virtually, the Business Operations & Tourism Coordinator will need to have access to their own laptop, phone and WIFI. RCATV will provide an RCATV email address and can reimburse a percentage of WIFI costs.