Marianhill is a faith-based charitable long-term care facility located in the beautiful Ottawa Valley. We provide specialized care for 200 long-term care, complex continuing care as well as a three-bed hospice palliative care unit.
Marianhill is currently seeking a Spiritual Care Coordinator. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Spiritual Care Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
- develops and oversees activities and programs to meet the spiritual and religious needs of residents
- is responsible for maintaining appropriate documentation
- respecting the privacy and confidentiality of residents
- professional development
- coordinating pastoral volunteers
- coordinating memorial and Remembrance Day services
- participating on assigned committees
- facilitating focus groups as needed
- providing grief support and serving as a resource to others.
Such duties are performed in accordance with Marianhill’s mission statement, established policies, procedures and current legislation in a manager which respects the uniqueness, dignity, worth, self-respect, self-determination and autonomy of the client and promotes maximum independence.
Inspired by the healing ministry of Jesus Christ and the life of St. Marguerite d’Youville, Marianhill provides love and compassionate care in the Catholic tradition to older adults within their homes, the community and Marianhill.