Summer Day Camp Leader
Summer Day Camp Leader
|Boys and Girls Club of Pembroke|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: May 10th 2019
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada is part of a global movement dedicated to helping young people grow into healthy, confident, contributing adults. One of the activities that the Boys and Girls Club of Pembroke offers is a summer day camp.
Summer day camp is a great way for children to spend the day while parents are at work. This camp allows families to drop their child off and have the security of knowing that they will be safe and will have a fun-filled day or week of activities, crafts and sports. Children may wish to sign up for the week or just pick a few days.
The Boys and Girls Club of Pembroke is currently recruiting for a Summer Day Camp Leader. This is a seasonal position.
- Create a welcoming, caring environment for children and their families that encourages daily participation
- Maintain a safe environment for children during programs, while transporting and on field trips
- Develop program plans and implement, fun, engaging, creative activities to help promote self-expression
- Demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills with a team, supervisors and other professionals
- Ensure that all equipment is functional and in safe working condition
- Maintain professional relationships with staff, volunteers, parents and children
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and training
- Maintain and uphold the Boys and Girls Clubs of Pembroke mission statement and core values
- Must have valid Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening in accordance with the Police Record Checks Reform Act (PRCRA)
- Experience working with children and youth
- Strong supervision, facilitation, leadership and recreation skills
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Graduate or currently registered in a post-secondary program related to working with children and families or equivalent experience
- High Five certified “Principles of Healthy Child Development”
- Food Handler’s certification
- Valid driver’s licence
Salary: $14.00 per hour, 35 hours per week. The work term is June 24 to August 23, 2019.
Boys and Girls Club of Pembroke
PO Box 1354,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|